Grand Vin de Graves - Pessac Léognan
In the year 1765, Belleyme –engineer and geographer of King Louis the 15th- drew on his famous map of The Guyenne Region a hamlet called “Vigneau de Haut” (Higher vineyard),
already then it was registered as being planted with vine. Although that little vineyard passed through the hands our great writer-philosopher and fine winemaker the Baron of Montesquieu,
it still ended up disappearing at some point. In 1987, Eric Perrin bought that piece of land (located in the township of Martillac, south of Bordeaux) replanted it and brought it back to life.
Today that vineyard of reds spreads over 20 ha at the very heart of the Pessac-Leognan appellation, on a mound surrounded by many very famous great growths.
For more information : www.haut-vigneau.com